During the development of module the integration at the level of information exchange with the external Invision Power Board forum, which is actively used by employees and clients of the Robert Bosch Russia, was performed.
All active user forum accounts were transferred to the portal and access to the forum directly through the forum was closed. Thereby access to the forum became tightly controlled on the administrators side of the Robert Bosch company departments, and customers got an ability to use a universal portal account to access all the company resources.
The module provides the following roles: "Forum Administrator" and "Forum User".
Logging the forum is performed automatically after the successful login to the portal (transparent authorization). Synchronization of user data from profile (user card) is automatically performed from BOSCH B2B Portal to the forum.
"Integrated Forum" module allows users to create new topics and write messages in the forum sections topics to which they have access.
"Forum User" role functionality:
- Adding new topics;
- Adding new messages to the existing topics;
- Editing own messages.
"Forum Administrator" role functionality:
- Managing the user access to the forum sections;
- Adding/removing/closure of topics;
- Editing messages.
The main purpose of the "Integrated Forum" module implementation was the realization of BOSCH B2B Portal communication with corporate forum at the level of the general authorization and providing partners with access to authorized forum sections, as well as providing clients, business partners and Robert Bosch Ukraine employees with ability to communicate on any topic individually within the created order.
As a result of the "Integrated Forum" module implementation the following business goals were succeeded:
- portal integration with external solutions (Invision Power Board), actively used by Internet users;
- automatic registration of a new portal user on the forum with transferring data from its partner BOSCH B2B Portal profile;
- synchronization of user profile information (including password) with BOSCH B2B Portal to the forum;
- opportunity to subscribe to the user's interests topic.