The first stage of the project was development of a new business process "Affiliate information update". WEB100 developed a business process that replaced no entry principle and non-formalized process for information update to self-service formal process. The main point of self-service principle is that partner makes corrections manually instead of asking for amend. Bosch side removed data procedure (and unproductive costs of content maintenance) and only a formal process of monitoring data was left, so partner simply entered final publication of data sharing.
The second stage was designing specification and code of online application "Dealer-Locator" to support the restructured business process. During development much attention was paid to ensure the storage requirements of the corporate partner Bosch.
The system provides following roles: System Administrator, Services Administrator and dealer locator Service Operator.
Application "Dealer-Locator" consists of following modules:
- Partner companies - this section provides information about partner companies and their retail outlets that cooperate with company. Each partner company may register on the website and post information about their retail outlets, provided products and submit a request for data placement on the public website of Robert Bosch.
- Requests for publication - this section displays all publication requests of partner companies that administrator may return for clarification or publish on the public website.
- Categories - in this section system administrator can edit information about classifiers used for structuring products and other data about sale points. For example, a list of additional services, possible payment methods, availability of parking and etc.
Members of partner companies can perform following tasks using "Dealer-Locator":
Dealer Locator Operator role functions:
- Add company sale point;
- Edit information;
- Receive notification e-mail if published or removed from publication.
Dealer-Locator Administrator role functions:
- Add partner companies outlets;
- Publish information on retail outlets;
- Edit classifier system;
- Receive notification e-mail about request for outlet publication.
System Administrator role functions:
- Manage user accounts in the system;
- Set user access rights in the system;
- View log of business transactions;
- View history of sent emails.
Typical problem of tracking partners' addresses and products is chronic irrelevance. Despite small amount of information about partnering companies, task of keeping it up-to-date is very complicated because of process asynchrony and large number of participants involved.
Auto parts division of Robert Bosch Russia set task to develop a system for updating affiliate information, so partner employees would be directly involved in the process of updating this information.
Objectives of "Dealer-Locator" implementation are:
- to simplify process of updating partner information;
- to get 100% relevant affiliate information on the website BOSCH auto parts;
- to involve partners in formal process of updating information.
Following business objectives were achieved as a result of "Dealer-Locator" implementation:
- business-friendly process for updating partner information on BOSCH auto parts website was introduced;
- relevance on affiliate information significantly increased;
- website users are provided with a convenient tool for quick search for shop in a specific city or region;
- company Bosch got a strong platform for further development of online tools for interaction with partners and product end users.