Maintenance of a large number of technical objects, geographically dispersed over a large territory, is a complex and unformalized tasks of technical support.
"Incident Management System" (ticket system) of the Shell Retail Ukraine company is specially designed for the customer needs and provides support for a large number of subsystems of the gas stations network, such as engineering support, fuel quality control, logistics and ensure of the fuel delivery, as well as issues related to occupational safety and health. The system supports a hierarchical territorial organizational structure of the Shell Ukraine gas stations network.
Web-oriented architecture of the ticket system allows to organize the effective work of a large number of the support services participants and contractor companies. The system provides the ability to categorize tasks by the level of promptness and importance of the decision that allows performers to orient in priorities and quickly respond to a particular incident. In addition to this problem it is possible for task initiator to fix expected term of the problem solution.
Besides the improvement of control over operational tasks, the built in subsystem statistics makes it possible to carry out a detailed analysis of the performance of separate services and individual performers, which is very important in improving of company business processes and determining the efficiency of individual employees.
The system provides the following roles for the company employees: "System Administrator", "Project Manager" and "Executor" as well as "Executor" role for the partner company employees.
"System Administrator" role functionality:
- Adding/removing/changing users' accounts.
- Level control of user access to projects.
- Adding/removing/changing the list of active projects.
"Project Manager" role functionality:
- Adding/editing/removing tasks.
- Appointment of responsible executor for the task execution
- Tracking progress of tasks' execution.
- Attaching files to the tasks.
- Adding comments to tasks.
- Changing the tasks' status (New, Assigned, In process, Executed, Returned back for revision, Closed).
- Prioritize tasks (Urgent, High, Medium, Low).
- Print reports on the tasks.
- Export list of the tasks' brief description to a Microsoft Excel document.
"Executor" role functionality:
- View a list of assigned tasks.
- Adding comments to the assigned tasks.
- Changing the tasks' status (In process, Completed).
The main purpose of the "Incident Management System" (ticket system) implementation was to create a handy tool for accounting and monitoring of production tasks execution by employees and company contractors, as well as the assessment of performance indicators of individual services.
By means of the "Incident Management System" (ticket system) implementation the following business purposes were succeeded:
- significant improvement of supplying service activities by increasing the work transparency at all levels of the company hierarchy and its contractors;
- visualization of the communication process between participants of technical support, which until that time were not available to a wider interested audience in the company;
- incidents with loss problems are excluded, because any task, even the most insignificant, ranked in the system must go through a formal solution process before being closed and removed from control;
- keeping the history of performed actions while solving the problem, which makes it possible to restore the sequence of steps in the task;
- ability to collect statistics and performance evaluation of individual employees and services.