Module "Online catalog of documents" was developed as a component for B2B\B2C interaction WEB100.Platform. For production exploitation system is deployed on corporate platforms B2B/B2C interaction BOSCH B2B Portal, SHELL B2B Portal.
To increase the convenience online documents preview is implemented and fits 23 document formats. To determine document popularity downloads counter was implemented on the basis of which documents are assigned index of popularity. It is possible to obta feedback on document from users - request for placing a particular document and marking it as irrelevant. These functions allow to improve social status of the catalog, actualize it in time and fill with necessary for clients documents.
Project functionality description:
Following roles are provided in the system: "System administrator" "Documents directory administrator" and "Documents reader".
Module "Documents" includes following sections:
- Catalog of documents - this section displays all the documents that are grouped into categories and sections. The user can search for the desired document and to view it or download it.
- Widget with RSS - widget displays recently added documents.
Customers may perform following tasks using the module "Documents":
"Documents directory administrator" role functioning:
- manage structure of documents directories;
- manage documents;
- view documents online;
- download documents.
"Documents reader" role functioning:
- view document directories;
- view documents online;
- download documents;
- get information about new documents using widget.
"System Administrator" role functioning:
- manage user accounts in the system;
- set user access rights in the system;
- view log of business operations;
- view history of sent emails.
The main purpose of module "Online catalog of documents" implementation was to organize access to corporate documents only to authorized users via secure channel of communication, freeing staff from routine work of processing clients requests for documents, improving customer support as well - to create a single centralized repository for documents that will collect all the documents that are needed for clients during B2B interactions with company.
Following business requirements were achieved as a result of module "Documents" implementation:
- documents availability for clients 24/7;
- centralized repository for documents (current and archive) added possibility to find needed document easily both for employees and clients;
- employees are spared from necessity to process requests for individual forwarding documents to clients;
- effective distribution channel for corporate information in an affiliate network was established.