Buderus E-commerce Online Ordering System was developed as a component to B2B/B2C interaction WEB100.Platform. For production exploitation the system is deployed on corporate platform B2B/B2C interaction Buderus B2B Portal.
During E-commerce Online Ordering System development integration with 1C of company Buderus was implemented.
After the system was deployed load testing was carried out on hosting platform that indicated that system meets all the load requirements for planned by Buderus number of users.
After system release a training on working with system was conducted for Buderus employees.
Project has high security of customer data storage that meets requirements of the European Union.
The system provides following roles: System Administrator, Orders Administrator orders (Buderus side), Order Operator of order (customer side).
«E-commerce On-line Ordering System» consists of following subsystems:
- Directory - this module provides information on nomenclature of goods that can be ordered in Buderus, allows to select necessary items and add them to "order cart". Information about products is updated automatically due to integration with 1C of company Buderus.
- Cart - this module allows to add items to "order cart", review ordered items, modify current order, immediately generate an order and send it to Buderus. Orders are automatically sent to system 1C of Buderus.
- List of orders - this module provides information about orders of all customers. They can be viewed and printed out. Order status is updated automatically due to integration with 1C of Buderus.
- List of clients (only for admin) - this module provides information about representatives of partner companies that interact with Buderus.
Using «E-commerce On-line Ordering System» users can perform following tasks for collaboration with Buderus:
Order operator role functionality:
- view full product catalog;
- view history of orders.
Buderus employees have following possibilities:
System administrator role functionality:
- manage users accounts in the system;
- set user access rights in the system;
- view log of business operations.
Orders administrator role functionality:
- fill and edit product catalog;
- view order history;
- process customer orders.
The main purpose of "E-commerce Online Ordering System» implementation was to improve business process "Product order" from model with no entry principle that is based on processing orders from a customer directly by an authorized employee of Buderus to model that allows customer to formate an order via online system.
Restructured process of receiving orders provides Buderus customers and business partners greater flexibility in orders formation and increase awareness and control over goods supply. As a result, both sides, Buderus and customers, waste less time on processing and shipping orders, reduce time on searching orders status, product availability, settlements statuses and other processes that intercorporate interactions (B2B communications) include.
Following business objectives were achieved as a result of «E-commerce Online Ordering System» implementation:
- possibility for customers to create orders 24/7;
- access to current warehouse state and goods in transit of Buderus;
- employees time reduction on orders processing;
- affiliate employees time reduction on clarifying orders status.